What is dental bonding?
Bonding is the application of a tooth-colored composite resin (plastic) to repair a decayed, chipped, fractured or discolored tooth. Unlike veneers, which are manufactured in a laboratory and require a customized mold to achieve a proper fit, bonding can be done in a single visit. The procedure is called bonding because the material bonds to the tooth.
If you have any of the following problems you should talk to your dentist about dental bonding:
- If you have chipped teeth
- If they show signs of cracks
- If the edges of your teeth are uneven
- If your teeth show slight discoloration or staining
- If they are slightly crooked or misshapen
- If you have small cavities that can be sealed and covered up
Tustin, California 92780